The Partner visa is available to partners of Australian citizens or Permanent Residents and qualifying New Zealand citizens. The paths are as follows:
- Married partners
- Defacto partners
- Intend to get married (Prospective Marriage Visa)
- The partner visa takes a minimum of 2 years for getting the final Permanent visa and is a 2 stage process.
- The fees of both the stages are paid at the time of the initial application.
- The department needs to be convinced of genuine relationship and has a couple of parameters to check them.
- It’s always advisable to use the services of a professional to represent to the Department.