The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa, also known as the 482 visa, was introduced on 19 March 2019 and replaced the Temporary Work visa subclass 457 in Australia. As the name indicates, Australia has introduced the visa to get overseas skilled workers when Australian employers cannot find suitable candidates locally.
Further, the TSS visa has three streams. Let’s begin.
1. Short-Term Stream – With a short-term stream visa, you can stay with your family for 2 to 4 years and work for the sponsor entity.
2. Medium-Term Stream – You can stay and work up to 4 years with this visa. Your family can stay with you, and you can travel to and from Australia as often as you want.
3. Labour Agreement Stream – If your employer has a labour agreement with the Australian Government, you shall get this visa. You can stay up to 4 years which also depends on the terms of the labour agreement.
Eligibility criteria for employees
Varying visa streams have different eligibility criteria. Here are the eligibility criteria for 482 visas.
● Firstly, you need to check each visa stream’s occupation list. Your occupation must be on one of the lists.
● An Australian employer must nominate you for a job position.
● You should have relevant qualifications and skills.
● You must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in your occupation or related field.
● If your occupation requires a skills assessment, you need to take it, and you need positive results.
● You should have minimum English language proficiency.
● You need to fulfil the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) requirements of good character and health.
General criteria for employers
Not all employers can apply for a TSS visa. Employers who desire to sponsor a candidate must meet the following general criteria.
● Employers have to be lawfully operating a business.
● They must nominate a candidate for a job position.
● Employers must satisfy compensation and employment condition-related requirements.
● They may have to present evidence of Labour Market Testing if required.
● Employers with no adverse information against the business can apply for 482 visas.
What can you do with a 482 Visa?
Once you get the TSS visa, you can live and work for 2 to 4 years, depending on which stream visa you have. Your spouse and family members can stay with you in Australia. Additionally, you are free to travel to, and from Australia anytime you want till your TSS visa is valid. Lastly, you can apply for transition to Permanent Residency (PR), only if you are eligible. You can check your eligibility criteria with us for the transition to PR and 482 visa in Adelaide.
How can WILS Migration help you with your visa application?
If you are prepared to move to Australia or have an employer who can sponsor your job position, you can associate with WILS Migration. We have a team of professionals who can assist you with the 482 visa in Adelaide. Our team shall also resolve your doubts about the visa and its procedure. So, connect with us today!